|Bulk Import Support|
- This component displays the error "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /joomla/html/html/select.php on line 68" when rendered. ¬†This message is harmless.
- Files with newlines not representing the end of a record to import will result in incorrectly imported records. ¬†Please ensure newlines represent the record break.
- Auto-created aliases do not scrub non aphanumeric characters, such as punctuation marks. ¬†These seem to work fine as article aliases in Joomla 1.5, but are not best-practices for SEO and URI structure. ¬†An example is the second record in the hello world example below.
Is there a tutorial or hello world example? ¬†
Sure, just follow the instructions below. ¬†We'll explain after.
What happened here?
- The first column in the hello-world-import.txt file was the title, the second was the intro text, and so on.
- Notice that the second row of the sample file contained a blank value for the "Full Text" field. ¬†All the content in this article is "above the fold" of the "More" button on the rendered page.
- Notice that some basic punctuation characters are in the file. ¬†An exclamation point in the title, commas in the text, and HTTP code in the articles didn't interfere with the content import.
- We chose to use Pipe (|) as the delimiter because it is the least likely to interfere with existing articles or HTML code. ¬†We reccomend this for general use, however the other delimeters should work equally well as long as the content is scrubbed free of the associated delimeter.
Has this been tested?
Yes, Bulk Import has been tested on one of our sites to import over 2000 articles. The primary issues we've encountered all appear to be with the file that is imported, occassionally being non-parsable. ¬†If you take careful steps to strucutre your imported data, it is unlikely you'll encounter this issue.
Where can I report what I believe to be a bug?
Please submit bug and feature requests¬†here.